Monday 6 March 2017

keeping pace

Vow to become technologically knowledgeable, it is liberating and opens up a whole new world of experiences that will assist the retiree with adapting to this ever changing technological world. I can recall the day my mother then 83, she is now 86, showed up to visit carrying her Tablet which she proceeded to use to take pictures. It took me a while to recover from the astonishment. You should understand I was in awe (and proud) because I had not yet purchased a tablet being content with the laptop and smart phone. Her NRSV bible and crossword puzzles are bookmarked for easy access, she sends and receives emails and can browse the internet. She now has a Smartphone with WhatsApp and uses a number of different apps.
For those contemporaries lagging behind due to an imagined phobia and are still not savoir-faire with the technology you must keep pace or miss out on so much. Be inspired by my mother’s story. She sought help from a trusted friend, learned and was able to show off her skills and put us to shame. Invest the needed time and effort in yourself I promise it will be rewarding.

No comments: