Saturday 11 March 2017

be that friend

Wisdom comes with age and experience. At this juncture in your life you have no doubt amassed a wealth of it. You would be surprised to know that your journey may be similar and of interest to someone in need of a friend. Do not be afraid to foster a relationship of respect, trust and confidentiality as this can be mutually rewarding. Be that friend, the confidante, the shoulder to cry on, quick to suggest alternative actions but being prudent in giving advice.
During my rebellious teenage years when my mother couldn’t persuade me to do the right thing it was her best friend that was able to reach me. Years later I surmised that the approach of the friend was more logical and less emotionally charged and thus I reacted much more positively. My success today is in large part attributable to the intervention of that friend.

No comments: