Tuesday 7 March 2017

don't chase replace

One of the things that being retired afford you is time to be objective. You actually have time to read between the lines, read the fine print so to speak, assess the situation and realize that you have options. When my long time plumber didn’t show up after 4 weeks of calling him, it was time to take the hint. I stopped chasing him and replaced him with a younger more energetic plumber who responds within a few hours. The previous plumber is still in bewilderment. It took my retired BFF to tell me that the yardman was dodging me. I had gone to pick him up from his house 3 times and he was not there notwithstanding he set the time and promised to be ready. I stopped chasing him and replaced him with one that though he cut down the shrubs he shouldn’t ,at least he shows up as promised.    
Similarly, difficult as it may be we must acknowledge that chasing and replacing on a social level happens too. People come into your life for a reason and or a season after which it may become necessary to let them go and move on. It makes no good sense and is a waste of valuable time chasing a friendship that has run its course. Instead keep your memories, find new friends and build some new friendships which will be far more in tuned with your current circumstance.

No comments: