Saturday 22 April 2017

island harbour


Festival del Mar provided an opportunity for those who were suffering from cabin fever to get out in the open among fun-loving folk and enjoy the merriment. Island Harbour village was alive for 2 days and nights with throngs of people, country music, plenty plenty seafood and johnnie cakes both fried and baked, oh and lots of vehicles, to my mind each person there came in a separate vehicle. Though many mature persons left out of boredom the younger adults stayed on as did I until the wee hours. I was curious to meet and greet the returning belongers from foreign it was an opportunity to catch up and visit. Also I had out of town guest who wanted to savor the last moment. With all that was going on I was even lucky enough to get a marriage proposal. That did wonders for my ego considering I had been turned down 2 days prior. My biggest disappointment at the festival was the absence of the sojor-crab race, I had even taken my own in anticipation of winning. Oh well they will have to keep til next time.

No comments: