Sunday 23 April 2017

country conference

My absence was a matter of economics, a single income retiree often must make choices that are practical. In this instance US$50.00 was a bit much for this retiree as it had not been factored in the overall annual budget hence I did not attend. I resorted to listening to the part aired on radio and viewed on Lloyd Gumbs' facebook page as prompted by Flow. My retired colleague, who attended for academic stimulation, was not disappointed. For both days though generally enjoyable had this to say. It was information overload, too many speakers that crammed everything they knew in a 20 minute presentation. From listening I deduced that 23 papers from 27 countries to present in 2 days may well have been a bit tight. The downside to this is that some valuable points may not have been exhaustively ventilated given the limitation on time. I will endeavour to read as many of the subject papers that are available. What I heard was most enlightening and the fact that the revolution is not finished is heartening. I hope that you tuned in if you could not attend.

No comments: