Wednesday 22 February 2017

in danger of letting yourself go


So your body image is not what it used to be. For some of us that beer belly is expanding and the rolls around the midriff appear to have doubled overnight and morphed into a muffin top. The truth of the matter is that as you age things go south and that hourglass figure is now a minute maid citrus. The trick to keeping up is to bear in mind the saying “when life serves you lemons, make lemonade.”  Do the best with what you have. Buy a hairpiece if losing your hair is an issue; get a body slimmer if the belly jiggles too much. Colour your hair whatever shade you like, get a hair weave your ideal length or a tattoo, body piercing, nose ring or toe ring.  Do whatever it takes to make you feel relevant and good about you. Frumpy is a term that conjures up a negative image but chic has an opposite and positive connotation. Let’s think fabulously chic and present ourselves with confidence.
 You will no doubt come across those persons intent on  making you feel negative about your image; acknowledge but regal in the fact that they look far worse than you do. You have my permission to tell them just that. I guarantee it will render them speechless. I know, because I had to answer a few. The days of seeking others approval for your happiness are long gone. Create your own unique style, however quirky, step with confidence, step with purpose. When my BFF steps out these days she leaves home adorned in her fire red lipstick and blushes when complimented. I learned something last week when I overheard a conversation between two persons talking about the fact that they use to walk slower and appeared to be dragging but now when they walk faster they look and feel better. That made sense; there is a correlation between a purposeful stride and exuberance of confidence.  Hmm, therein lays the secret, I always get accused of walking too fast. Unknowingly I had been doing what these were just discovering. Far from letting myself go, as I pin today’s post feeling ridiculously awesome, I am adorned in my short red dress, salt water pearls, and sling backs. For no other reason than to attest to the fact that feeling good is self made.  

No comments: