Wednesday 3 May 2017

bushie's niece rhonda


Rhonda has been retired for 4 years now and at 64 she is one of the most energetic retirees I have come across in a long time. If you look closely you will notice her 69 year old sister over her shoulder. These two dynamic women epitomizes the mature active lifestyle after leaving the workforce. The retired sisters were banker and immigration officer respectively. As we were conversing, I couldn’t help but think of my colleagues who at age 60 has slowed to a standstill and turned into a slog of sorts with no energy or inclination to do anything other than stay home. I am now even more convinced that it is our own attitude and perceptions that determine our disposition. I am also convinced that if you keep too much company with a slog you will turn into one before you know it. These ladies get up, dress up and show up everyday and for that they won my immediate admiration and respect. And since imitation is the best form of flattery I will endeavour to be as astute upbeat and engaging as Bushie's niece and her sister are. I resolve to be out and about with energy to burn. So, if you are a retiree and can be considered a slog, think of the negative impact on yourself and colleagues, Inject more vigour and excitement in your life, encourage your colleagues to do the same. Let's keep it happy.

No comments: